More often than not, today’s computers mean more to a family than just a word processing machine or a way to keep the family’s finances in order. Computers can be an entertainment hub for a family: providing movies and music, storing photos, playing games, and shopping. As computers are becoming more affordable, having multiple computers in a home is no longer out of the norm. Home office and small business users would fall into the same category as they need more then 1-3 licenses for the same kind of security software. That is why they all find Norton multi-pack software more than suitable from economic and easy license management perspective.
So that’s why Norton Multiple User Software is available. Symantec, the company that produces Norton software makes this software available through their Norton online store.
Norton Multiple User Software is available for Symantec’s three main Norton products: Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, and Norton 360. Here’s how these products can help protect all the computers a family has:
Norton AntiVirus 2011
Norton AntiVirus 2011 is the most basic Internet security software that Symantec publishes. It features innovative concepts, such as Norton Insight, which preemptively scans all traffic coming in and out of a computer, and dropping safe files off of a scan list, making for faster and more efficient scans. AntiVirus 2011 also includes:
- Norton Pulse Updates – Norton software automatically updates every 5 to 15 minutes to keep up with the latest threats.
- Proactive Performance Alerts – Alerts the user when an application or a file is causing too much of a strain on performance.
Norton Internet Security 2011
Norton Internet Security 2011 is the mid-level protection offered by Symantec. It includes everything in Norton Antivirus 2011, plus:
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool – This tool allows a user to create a boot disk that will force even the most infected computers to start up, and then walk the user through repairing the damage.
- Parental Controls (Norton Online Family) – Parents have a wide variety of tools at their disposal to help monitor their children’s activities online or protect them from unwanted attacks, such as time limits and block access to unwanted sites.
Norton 360 is Symantec’s most advance protective software. It includes everything in Norton Antivirus 2011 and Norton Internet Security, plus:
- Backup and Restore – More than just the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool, Norton 360 allows the user to recover damaged files, and gives users 2 GB of space online to backup files.
- PC Tuneup – PC Tuneup keeps computer running at optimal conditions by cleaning out hard drives and eliminating problems before they become big.